Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I love you too Oprah, and by the way you looked FABOO!!



Oprah finale episode
abc
Dear Oprah,

Since I am first a fashionista, let’s talk about how fabulous you looked on your final episode.  I love you in color, and you were pretty in pink.  That L'Wren Scott dress was spectacular on you, but the BRACELET by Lorianne Schwartz was to die for!

Now that I have gotten that out of my system I have to tell you, I feel a bit lost without you.  Since I was 16 years old I have watched you.  You were on right after my favorite soap, General Hospital, and you were the perfect way to procrastinate getting to my homework.  I continued to watch you through college, career, and through nursing my kids.  Even now, my children have spent many a day watching your show with me.

Oprah, from you I have learned so much. You told me what books I would love and to trust the whisper in my head.   You taught me (with cutie pie Nate) that my home should rise up to greet me. You and Dr. Oz taught me what healthy poop should be and with David Green, how to eat well.  You taught me with Suzie not to live beyond my means.  You showed me by example how to be charitable and true to myself, and how to be a loyal BFF as you are to Gayle.  You even taught me what jeans to wear, what my favorite things would be, (love my coach bag!!)  and how to make sure the “girls” look their best.  I ugly cried with you and looked for “aha moments” in my life.  And yes, found my calling, helping women look good and feel great, one wardrobe at a time.  Oprah, you taught me how to be the best woman I could be.

Regrets, you say you have none.  I have one (or two).  First, I never made it to a taping of your show. Second, I was never at you Favorite Things episode (those lucky ladies). 

I will miss seeing you each day, but I know we will be in touch each morning when I get my message from Oprah.com.  I promise to smile and say “Good Morning, Gorgeous”. 

Love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment