Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flirting with Feathers

If you have to ask yourself the question, "Am I too old for this trend?" the answer is most likely you are. Some trends can be translated through to all ages. And sometimes we just have to say "No", and like me, step away from the feathers. I know you are thinking, but Steven Tyler wore them and he is....well ancient. And I agree he did look cool, but after all he is a rock icon, and well,  I'm just a mom.

As I start the north of 40 climb, I realize that some trends are just for the young, and even the "young at heart" will do best to avoid them. Try as I might, I could not figure out a way to look "age appropriate" with feathers or any other "hair bling", for that matter, decorating my tresses. Kool aid dipped ends, hair tinsel, and feathers, should be left to aging rockers, teeny boppers and twenty (and maybe) thirty something's. A good rule of thumb to follow: if your young daughter (and Selena Gomez) is rocking this look you may want to think twice.

If you are still feeling the need to "do something" to your hair. Try hair extensions (that add length or volume), highlights (that accent your hair and are NOT candy colored), or a whole new color or a cut (the bob is the style of the moment). Even a subltle change will give your look a lift.


So enjoy how cute your feather princess looks in hers, (as I've done with mine). And flirt with the feather trend by showing what a cool mom you truly are, by letting your daughter have her fun with fashion.

You can get yours (I mean your daughters) locally at http://www.purebeauty.com/ or DIY and order a kit at http://www.featherhairs.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment