Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small Treasures

My Daughter's Earings


My Bracelet
Harvey's Donuts Sundae

If you are like me and have a San Francisco Little Leaguer you may have spent more time then you would've liked on Treasure Island this spring.  For some of us, the games still go on!  Although I am proud to be a mom of an SF Little League All Star, my daughter has had just about enough of sitting in the stands and rooting her brother on.   So, imagine our delight to find the Treasure Island Flea market happening right on San Francisco Little League's home turf
. And what a treasure we found this past weekend. The Treasure Island Flea, had it's grand opening on Memorial Day weekend.  The open-air market hosts hundreds of local Bay area  exhibitors.  In addition to antiques and collectibles, we saw fun independent designer merchandise, handmade one-of-a-kind items, repurposed and up-cycled goods, shabby chic and French garden pieces, art, specialty food purveyors and more.  The open-air market is held on Treasure Island, Ave of the Palms, on the last weekend of every month from 9am to 4pm.  

Co Founders Angie and Charles Ansanelli started the flea market as " ...a haven of cool and unusual finds. It will be a place where shoppers connect directly with the designer, maker or collector of the products.  Each market experience will be different; it will have a changing selection of both merchandise and food.  Customers attending  the Treasure Island Flea will not only walk away with great treasures, but also with memories of their finds to share for years to come...."  

And we did!!!  My favorite part was the great bracelet (pictured above)  that I bought for $4.00!  Two questions; why didn't I buy more and why didn't I get the designers card?!  I'm not sure what my daughter's favorite part was. I think it was a toss up between the the donut sundae she got at www.harveysdonuts.com, and the cupcake earrings she bought with her allowance (Yes! That's right again....$4.00).  

Now we have another reason to go to Treasure Island, and you should too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment