Monday, January 30, 2012

Hair, Grow it, Show it !


"Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen....." 
 
Most women have a special bond with their hairstylist, and I am no exception.  Here I am leaving Lavish after having another great session with Lindsay.  She is so great she even snapped this photo of me!  I LOVE her!

Every time I go it's different.   Sometimes it's highlights and color, sometimes just a "glaze" (not sure what that is exactly, but it seems to tone down the natural red I have in my hair, yay!)most times she trims a bit, but sometimes it's a full cut.  And of course there is the ever important Brazilian Blowout(formaldyhyde fee of course)!!!


As we age, our hair needs more attention.  It looses the shine and luster of our youth and of course there are those nasty grays, a symbol of wisdom?!! All it says to me is OLD!  I don't have the most beautiful hair, in fact, I have never felt it to be one of my better features, but  a great hairstylist can make it whatever you want.

 Additionally, another secret I've found besides Lindsay, (and this might gross you out!!!) is to wash your hair only once or twice a week.  I know eww! But it truly works.  All that washing and blow drying really strips your hair of its natural oils which leads to blah hair.  How do I do it?  It's easy.  
ROSEystyle  Recommends....
  1. Get a blow out, or do it yourself.  If you go for a blow out, I LOVE the Dry Bar on filmore. Not local, no worries blow out only salons are popping up everywhere!
  2. Own a good curling iron and flat iron for touch ups.
  3. Make sure you have the following: 
    • a shower cap (I'm recommending skipping the hair wash, but a shower is a must!!)
    • dry shampoo (to "clean" your roots and soak up oily build up)
      4. Be flexible and creative!!

This is how a typical week will go for me:

Day One -  Blow out.   This day I usually wear my hair straight!  It is shiny and fabulous.

Day Two - Slight touch up with oil on the ends, (maybe flat iron).  This day my hair is still straight and may look better then Day One!

Day Three -  I add a little dry shampoo to the roots and wash and blow dry my bangs. Then I determine what to do. Usually this is a half up half down day.  Maybe I straighten again, or maybe I add a little wave.

Day Four - Maybe another 1/2 up 1/2 down day, maybe I  need a wash?  IF I can avoid a wash I will. Again more dry shampoo at the roots and oil at the ends.

Day Five and Six....Wash bangs. Have fun with an updo!  Maybe a sock bun, a twist or a high pony.

Wash and Repeat!!!

Here is to many good hair days!!!!!!!

xoJamie









 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment