Monday, April 2, 2012

Get Paid For Saying Something Nice....



As all good fashion bloggers do, I spend a lot of time reading other fashion blogs.  One of my favorite daily stops is the Stylist.  And today I saw something so great I just had to share it!  As a Personal Stylist I spend a lot of time helping women "look" good.  But the truth is, helping women truly look good must first come from within!  As I always tell my daughter, you must be beautiful on the inside first.  It is very difficult for most women to achieve this "inner beauty".  Our default, is to look only at our flaws.  The big "booty", the "love handles", the whatever it is we think is wrong about ourselves.  So today, I want you all to say something good about yourselves!

Go over to the Stylist and comment on their "We'll Pay you to Say Something Nice" post.  For each comment they will give $1 (up to $5000) to Girls Inc.   Take your first step to looking good and feeling great!

Here is my comment:

As a Personal Stylist/Fashion Blogger, I spend a lot of time making other women feel good about themselves. Recently, in a moment of self reflection, I turned the tables and tried to define all that was beautiful in me. In my search, I decided to think back to my roots and I found the answer in this Wikipedia definition of a Jersey Girl. It describes to a tee what I love best about myself!!

"…She's humble, but ambitious. She's independent, but family-oriented. She likes pizza, beer and lots of mascara, but don't think for a moment she's not sophisticated. Jersey girls are about attitude. A Jersey girl is "crunchy on the outside, and soft in the center." A Jersey girl has the tenacity and drive of a New Yorker, but with the beauty of warmth and humility that being from Jersey is all about. Don't mistake her toughness as a lack of refinement. Don't misjudge her sometimes 'brash' manners as a lack of 'classiness.' At the center of the crunchy sweet exterior, she is tuned in and knows how and what she's workin'. She's spunky and witty, and she handles competition very well. She's got that confidence. Bottom line: she's sexy as hell and if you're lucky, she's yours."


It truly is who you are on the inside that makes you beautiful. 


And if you you feel like it post your comment here too! I'd LOVE to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment