I normally stick to fashion posts, but since it is a Holiday weekend, I thought it would be nice to post some fun (and easy) dessert ideas! Both are yummy for kids and adults!
Festive Rice Krispies
For this one, just follow the classic Rice KrispiesTreat recipe, add fun sprinkles and drizzle melted chocolate chips. Yummy! This would make a fun and festive Easter dessert(this also can be made with drizzled white chocolate).
Festive Matzo Surprise
If you celebrate passover and are tired of macaroons and flourless chocolate cake, why not update you favorite *Chocolate Matzo recipe. This year I have added a secret layer of toffee under my chocolate and have upped the style by adding colorful sprinkles! Fun and Yummy!
Chag Sameach and Happy Easter!!!
*Chocolate Toffee Matzo
1 and 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 C of light brown sugar
1 12 oz bag of Semi Sweet or White Chocolate chips
6 pieces of Matzo
Preheat oven to 350
1. Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat, add sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Let butter and sugar simmer bubbling for aprx 3 mins until it thickens.
3. Meanwhile place matzo on a baking sheet that you have covered with tin foil or parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Spread toffee mixture evenly with a knife over all of the matzo.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over all matzo.
6. Put matzo in oven for aprx 3-5 minutes until chips are slightly melted and easy to spread..
7. Spread melted chips evenly over the matzo
8. Decorate with your favorite sprinkles.
9. Refrigerate until hard and break into pieces to serve.